Followers

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Racism?

Today in class dr. Preston and one of my fellow classmates Mario brought up an interesting topic towards the book that we are reading right now. It brought to my attention how little things that we don't really pay attention to matter. Since my classmate ended up creating a big topic to discuss in class about racism. I didn't catch this in the book right away or maybe I did but I didn't focused my attention on it, so I seemed not to care about it. After all, what was brought up to class was the author of the book Brave New World being racist. Which really makes since now that I think about it, because since we started reading the book it has only been about white people and not other races have been brought up by the author un the book. Also in chapter 7 when two important characters Bernard and Lenina meet this young man and his family they get weird out and surprised to see a guy with a different color of skin speak perfectly English. I say that the author might be racist towards other races.

No comments:

Post a Comment